Digital Arts I
- Digital Arts I
- Code: ART120
- View Course Outline
- Software: Inkscape (Free download provided in course)
- Prerequisite: None
- Related Courses: See course index at left
Do you have a passion for visual art or visual communication? Are you interested in careers in the design, production, display, and presentation fields of digital arts?
This introductory design course teaches core skills using Inkscape, a free open-source alternative to Adobe® Illustrator®.
As you create a detailed still life and other artworks throughout the course, you’ll learn the basic elements of visual art: line, shape, form, color, value, space, and texture.
You'll use what you learn to express yourself in original digital drawings and artwork.
You'll learn about and use:
- The Inkscape workspace and tools
- Processes for evaluating artworks
- Selected artists’ works, styles, and historical periods
- Ways to suggest 3D space in a 2D environment
- Methods of thinking about and working with color
- Gradients and highlights
- Careers in electronic media
- And more!