Engineering Design II
If you enjoy problem solving, making ideas into reality, drawing plans and diagrams, or discovering how things work, a career in engineering may be right for you. Strong computer-aided design skills are a necessity for jobs in this field.
Part II of this introductory engineering series will build on your knowledge of core engineering concepts as you continue working in a professional CAD environment.
You'll use Creo™Elements/Direct™, a 3D CAD modeling program used by professional engineers.
In this course, you will:
- Learn the steps of the design process by building paper towers, bridges, or platforms
- Create simple 3D objects
- Design, manipulate, and edit 3D objects
- Design a 3D container that meets specifications related to its volume and size
- Keep an engineering notebook of plans, observations, and ideas
- Experiment to design creative solutions to problems
- Reverse engineer an object to explore its parts, aesthetics, manufacturing process, and more
- Create assemblies
- Apply math and geometry skills to models and engineering processes
- Explore ethical issues in engineering
- And more!