Green Design and Technology
- Green Design and Technology
- Code: TCH150
- View Course Outline
- Software: OpenOffice.org (Free download provided in course)
- Prerequisite: None
- Related Courses: See course index at left
If you’re interested in environmental issues, design, architecture, or engineering, Green Design and Technology is the course for you.
This introductory course will explore the basic principles of sustainable design. Because demand for sustainable products is rising, knowledge of these concepts is a valuable asset in today’s workplace.
As you complete this online class, you'll learn about:
- Calculating your ecological footprint
- Systems thinking and predicting results
- Waste management, including the 3 R’s: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Transportation planning and green vehicles
- Energy sources and alternatives to traditional energy, such as wind power, hydroelectricity, and solar power
- Green agriculture, including organic products, aquaculture, and local agriculture
- Natural resources and resource depletion
- Pollution of air, water, and soil
- Fertilizer, pesticides, and genetically-modified organisms
- LEED® and other green building rating systems
- Green manufacturing and construction, including life cycles and cradle to cradle design
- The economy’s impact on the environment
- And more!